……blatantly stolen from a motorcycle forum I inhabit. Some of these are very American, but I think you’ll get the idea.
“1. I think part of a best friend’s job should be to immediately clear
your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you
realize you’re wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn’t want to nap when I was
4. There is great need for a sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I’m pretty
sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the
9. I can’t remember the last time I wasn’t at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work
when you know that you just aren’t going to do anything productive for
the rest of the day.
12. Can we all just agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I
don’t want to have to restart my collection…again.
13. I’m always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me
if I want to save any changes to my ten-page research paper that I swear
I did not make any changes to.
14. “Do not machine wash or tumble dry” means I will never wash this – ever.
15. I hate when I just miss a call by the last ring (Hello?
Hello? Damn it!), but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times
and goes to voicemail. What did you do after I didn’t answer? Drop the
phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house confident and looking good and then not
seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.
17. I keep some people’s phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to
answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or
Saturday night more kisses begin with Miller Lite (or wine or Margaritas) than Kay Jewelry.
20. I wish Google Maps had an “Avoid Speed Trap” and “Avoid Bad Neighborhood” routing options.
21. Sometimes, I’ll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and
suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each hand
than take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I’m trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say “What?” before you just nod
and smile because you still didn’t hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up
to prevent a bozo from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get
dirty, and you can wear them forever.
28. Is it just me or do high school kids get dumber & dumber every year?
29. There’s no worse feeling than that millisecond you’re sure you are
going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car
keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the
Donkey – but I’d bet my behind everyone can find and push the snooze
button from 3 feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time,
31. Sometimes I’ll look down at my watch 3 consecutive times and still
not know what time it is.”
Last night’s WSBK meeting was a cracker. Superbike Race 2 was one of the best I’ve seen for a long while with Troy Corser leading on the BMW for a lot of the race before fading to 5th with tyre issues. Ten Kate Team won 2 of the 4 classes with Rae doing “the double” in the Superbikes.